Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

Enrolment criteria for within catchment enrolments

Kenmore South State School has a School EMP (Enrolment Management Plan). Education Queensland ensures that Prep -Year 12 students are guaranteed enrolment at the state school closest to their principal place of residence, through the School EMP procedure.

Students residing within the catchment area are eligible to enrol at Kenmore South State School.  The process is as simple as downloading the enrolment documents and completing the necessary information.   

Please contact the school directly if you wish to arrange a time for a school visit.

Criteria for Out of Catchment Enrolments 
Students who reside outside the catchment area who wish to enrol at Kenmore South will be placed on a waiting list in order of receipt of enrolment application. When a place becomes available students from the waiting list will be considered in order and in conjunction with the following criteria:
  • Siblings of students already enrolled at Kenmore South
  • Children and young people who are subject to child protection orders that grant guardianship or custody to the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Child Safety
  • Students whose parent or legal guardian is employed by the school
Enrolment of students from outside the local catchment area is managed in order to give priority to and cater for in-catchment enrolments and in-catchment growth during the year.
The school must ensure that enrolments do not exceed the school’s current built capacity. The school currently has the built capacity to enrol 670 students. The school also wishes to ensure there is an even spread of students across all year levels while maintaining class size targets.
Proof of Residence

Parents who wish to enrol their child at Kenmore South State School are required to provide proof of their residential address to ensure they reside within the school’s catchment area. One of the following documents are required:

  • a current lease agreement
  • rates or electricity notice
  • unconditional sale agreement showing an address which falls within the catchment area.